Many Cards Versus One Card and a List Field

Russell Martin russell_martin at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 15 12:56:25 EST 2008

I don't currently have a project where I'm trying to store thousands of
records. To some, maybe that will invalidate my views on the subject.

I just read what Sarah had written below and I was frankly a bit
peeved. I've spent a considerable amount of time learning how to use
stacks as documents and then to find out that even at a paltry 4000
cards, Revolution is in her words 'unworkably slow'.

That just doesn't sit well with me. Most of us have yesterday's
supercomputers sitting on our desks or in our laps. Revolution
shouldn't take a performance hit until you're dealing with millions of
cards. Maybe it's doing something stupid in all of that searching, like
thousands of saves to disk when it should be suspending them until the
search operation is over.