Showing unsaved status for document-based windows

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 14 13:36:54 EST 2008

On 1/14/08 10:19 AM, "Graham Samuel" <livfoss at mac.com> wrote:

> Pardon my ignorance, but what is Default Folder X and where do I find
> it - I dimly perceive that it may be useful?

For me, it is indispensable and an automatic part of my workday.
This utility tracks and remembers folders you have used in all of your
programs, then adds a toolbar to the Save As or Open file window.

Also, it offers a drop down listing of all the open windows in your Finder,
also Favorites, the directory tree for you connected hard drives

Many other features.  One other cool feature:  As you are looking at the
system window open, moving the cursor around the screen(s) will highlite the
Finder windows you have open and a single click will change the active
folder to that window.

Google "default folder X"
It is well-supported and worked flawlessly for me for years.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas