Referencing a prop of the curent card in another stack

Jerry Daniels jerry at daniels-mara.com
Mon Jan 14 12:09:20 EST 2008

Mark has hit the nail on the head. The "currentCard" property (of a
stack) will yield the card currently showing in a stack, even if it is
not the defaultstack, even if it is invisible. In order to use
"current" or "this card" you will have to set (and often reset) the
defaultStack. "currentCard" eliminates the defaultStack two-step.

BONUS: When you set the currentCard of a stack (instead of using "go
to cd n"), the stack will NOT show if it is invisible, but the current
card will change. Very handy! We use this call in GLX2 and VAB (oops,
did I say that out loud!). "currentCard" has been around for a while--
part of the later 2.7 versions of Rev, I believe. It's not all that new.

Best,

Jerry Daniels

Daniels & Mara, Inc.
Makers of GLX2