Showing unsaved status for document-based windows

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Sat Jan 12 18:46:16 EST 2008

On Jan 12, 2008, at 6:32 PM, Ian Wood wrote:

> On 12 Jan 2008, at 22:05, Trevor DeVore wrote:
>
>> If you really want to set the close button to the proper color you
>> could probably use the API call "SetWindowModified()" in an
>> external. Rev provides the necessary information to make this
>> Carbon call (windowID property).
>
> First learn some Carbon... ;-)
>
> I think I'll add it as an enhancement request on the QC, but thanks
> for the header.

Fortunately this particular call will be very straightforward to write
an external for. If you want to go the route of setting the dirty bit
on the widow and nobody can compile it for you before the end of next
week I can do it. Ever since Revolution posted the external builder,
putting together externals for little chores like this has become much
faster.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems