[semi OT] encryption of pdf files

jbv jbv.silences at club-internet.fr
Thu Jan 10 11:48:10 EST 2008

Hi list,

I have several Rev cgi scripts that output pdf files with sophisticated
layout
and sensible content. I'm using my own libraries to build those pdf
files.

I was wondering if anyone had already tried to encrypt such homemade
files
so that users can still open them with Acrobat, but can't edit the
content...

I know that there are several solutions out there on the web that use
built-in
functions of the most recent versions of pdf, but most of them are
included in
complete software packages and I would be more interested in a limited
encryption function for already existing files...

Thanks on advance,
JB