tapping into finder events

Randall Lee Reetz randall at randallreetz.com
Wed Jan 9 21:45:26 EST 2008

I remember when the good people at xerox parc built this great graphical front end so that memorizing a thousand command line utterances would become a thing of the past.

So, given the dozen or so languages and protocols i am forced to know (applescript, appleevents, xtalk, unix commands, xml, html, dhtml, perl, c, c++, c#, java, javascript, etc...) and the fact that the solution being sugested demands that i enter a root user mode that apple itself spends considerable amount of energy dis-recomending, i wonder what has become of "computing for the rest of us?"

But i do thank you for the info and advice.  I am looking for a solution generalizable to "everyone"... Otherwise it will ultimately fail for me.  Can you imagine telling your users to start a root account?

randall