Board game with pieces / scrolling images in sync?

Joshua Lawrence jjsonick at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 9 10:16:18 EST 2008

Hello, all.  I want to emulate a board game with
multiple playing pieces, and the board itself is
several screens wide, so it needs to scroll.  I know I
can implement the scrolling board by having its image
set up as a group with its location locked and adding
vertical and horizontal scrollbars.  But the playing
pieces (also images) on the board need to be able to
change position when the user manually moves them, and
also need to scroll in sync with the board image
(moving in and out of view) whenever the user is using
the scrollbars.

Is it possible to achieve that somehow by setting the
properties of the game piece images?  Or will the
scrolling of the game pieces have to be done by
scripting?

Thanks,
Josh