Finding duplicates in a list

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Wed Jan 9 07:59:30 EST 2008

Here's a way that doesn't need two repeat loops:

function getDupes @pList
     repeat for each line L in pList
         add 1 to linecount
         if checkArray[L] is empty then
             put linecount into checkArray[L]
         else
             if dupeArray[L] is empty then put checkArray[L] into
dupeArray[L]
             put comma & linecount after dupeArray[L]
         end if
     end repeat
     combine dupeArray by cr and tab
     return dupeArray