OT: MacBook randomly shuts down..

Jeff Reynolds jeff at siphonophore.com
Tue Jan 8 12:43:13 EST 2008

Tiemo,

Dont think so. I have both a line conditioner and a UPS on the power.
I have gobs of electronic equipment in the office and the dells have
all kept dying. its also been over two different houses on each on
the other coast!  If dell is that susceptible to power fluctuations
then they are really using bad power supplies. we have had other pcs
in the house w/o UPSs that have not died like this. If it is power
problems then Dell i having a lot of dead computers as mine got much
more power filtering than the average bear.

I went with dell since some friends in businesses that were buying a
lot of pcs and were happy with dells. first i thought was a freak
thing as they could not diagnose it and wanted a couple of hundred
bucks to figure out what was wrong (out of warrantee), second was a
shot motherboard. Again i was really stupid to go around a third
time, but figured from what i had heard from friends that quality
fluctuated a lot and dell was on an upswing...

I must say my mac 5300c had some potential issue with it and apple
had a free repair. called in and next day shipping box was on the
front door and the delivery guy took it away right then and it was
back in two days! At first i thought they had replaced the machine,
but it was my machine, they swapped the mother board (housing screws
were used so they opened the case). dont know how they got that
turnaround--i was in the bay area at the time so not far to go to the
mother ship, but it was amazing.

cheers,

jeff

On Jan 7, 2008, at 1:00 PM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com