Reading Binary Data in Little Endian Format

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Tue Jan 8 08:53:26 EST 2008

On 8 Jan 2008, at 13:35, Dave wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> Great! Thanks a lot. I think it would be good to have an Endian
> Converter built into RunRev - would save a lot of mucking about.

Well, the binary decode functions do cover quite a lot of it, but
there are gaps - one of the reasons for writing the library!

> One more thing (isn't there always?!). Is there anyway to read back
> the current position of the file?

I don't think there is currently a Revolution function for this. If
you're using 'read from', 'seek to' etc, you have to keep track of
the current position yourself at the moment. This might be a good
enhancement request.

Best,

Mark