Extracting text from PDF

-= JB =- sundown at pacifier.com
Thu Feb 28 22:24:37 EST 2008

On Feb 28, 2008, at 7:03 PM, Kay C Lan wrote:

> What version of OSX? This works due to something in 10.4 and above.
>
> If I try to open a pdf in TextEdit on 10.3.9 with PDF2RTFService
> installed I
> get "TextEdit Open Failed", "Couldn't open file " your file name here.
>
> HTH

I am using OS X 10.4.11.

After your email I started looking at my hard drive and realized I have
three library folders located:

1.  My OS X folder
2.  In the same folder my OS X folder is located
3.  My user folder

The instructions say to put it in a folder named Services
in the Home folder.  I assume this is the user folder but
I installed it in all three at different times rebooting etc.

I finally got it to work.  The problem is I was confusing
the Apple TextEdit with a program I have used many
years starting in older OS systems named TextEdit Plus.
It has been updated over the years and works on OS X.

Finally I installed it again in my user Library folder and
started up the Apple TextEdit.  It works great.

Thanks for taking the time to keep asking questions.  The
problem all came from me trying to open it using the wrong
program and not the installation.

I thought it might be something really stupid but when you
start going down the wrong road it is easy to keep going
the wrong way.

thanks again,
-=>JB<=-