printing problems

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Feb 28 13:28:11 EST 2008

Still having printing problems.  Still 2.6.1 Linux

revPrintField works, but puts large fonts very spread out on too many pages,
and in landscape for some reason.

This at least has a workaround - put it into a text file, reformat it in awk
and pipe it through to kprinter using shell().  Yes I know....

print card doesn't work at all.  This one I have no workaround for.  The card
in question has 35 or 40 fields on it, the result of several pages of script
to produce a report.   Is there any way of copying a card and all the
elements on it, and then pasting it into something that will print, without
use intervention?

How you wish in these cases to have followed intuition in the first place, and
written the thing in awk when (a) it won't take all those pages of script and
(b) you can just pipe the output to kprinter!    But we are where we are.

Notes.

2.6.1 answer printer does nothing.

lpstat -a returns the name of the printer and says its accepting requests
since last boot time.

2.9 beta put the availablePrinters returns the same printer as lpstat -a.  But
you cannot actually use it.  I haven't tried using revPrintField in 2.9.

Peter