[OT] gmail behaviour

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at comcast.net
Thu Feb 28 10:06:12 EST 2008

HOWEVER, If you switch to HTML view and not Standard (Javascript) then
repeat the same process you WILL notice that the two pages are
different.

ie. Switch to HTML

<base href="http://mail.google.com/mail/h/hjelqk30gklk/">
logout&hl=en">Sign out</a>

TYPE in the missing "s" after http so that it is now https://
load page
<base href="https://mail.google.com/mail/h/13n08066yemid/">
logout&hl=en">Sign out</a>

I would stay in Standard View and let the JS handle the encryption OR
just type in the missing "s" and use the secure HTML View.

Tom