Debugging Help

Xavier Bury xavier.bury at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 27 11:08:45 EST 2008

Hi Len

For your first problem, you can watch what is happening using the Message
watcher (in the development menu).

Put a message handler like this into your field's script:

on tabkey
  breakpoint
  pass tabkey -- debug step into here
end tabkey

(note it could another message like keydown or keyup etc that's triggering
the fld clearing, the msg watcher will tell...)

Once in debug mode at the breakpoint, continuing in debugging "into" the
pass tabkey handler should take you to the "other" tabkey script above in
the hierarchy that is clearing your field...

hope that helps...

For the second problem, it's a huge undertaiking that im sure has been done
before... Look around, maybe someone will tell you where to get it...

Cheers
Xavier