Debugging Help

Len Morgan len-morgan at crcom.net
Wed Feb 27 10:27:45 EST 2008

I'm having trouble chasing down a problem: I have a field that is
getting cleared as soon as you tab out of it.  I can't seem to locate
where in the message path this is happening.  This SPECIFIC problem is
mine to solve (punishment for a less than organized development approach).

What I'm wondering is if there is a way to show the path a message would
take through the message heirarchy.  In other words is there some way I
could send an exitField (or closeField) message to a specific field and
then get some sort of listing of the path that message would take?  In
other words, is there some way to simulate the "traceroute" command used
in networking to the message path?

The other debugging chore I'd like to have is a stack compare function.
Would it be difficult to create a function that would take two stack
names as arguments and then display in two side by side panes the
differences between them?  Not just scripts but objects, properties,
etc?  I'm thinking of something like the interface that the
"BeyondCompare" program (used to compare text files).

Anyway, any suggestions would be appreciated.

len morgan