The launch command

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 18:10:25 EST 2008

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 8:36 AM, Richard Holton Pierce
<ric-holt at online.no> wrote:
> I have been reworking  a HyperCard stack from the mid 1990s as a
>  Revolution stack. It contains geographical coordinates for
>  archaeological sites, and I am trying to make a handler that will
>  launch Google Earth from within my stack and then paste a set of
>  coordinates into Google's search field.
>
>  As a test I made the following routine:

>    launch "Google Earth 4.2.205.5730.app" -- I have also tried: launch
>  "Macintosh HD/Applications/Google Earth 4.2.205.5730.app/"
>
>  -- I haven't go to the the paste routine yet because I haven't got the
>  launch to work.

I think if you try:
  launch "/Applications/Google Earth 4.2.205.5730.app"
that will work. OS X deals with folder paths differently to previous
Mac systems and you don;t need to specify the hard disk at the start
of the path.

To confirm the file path, copy & paste this into the message box and
see what you get:
  answer file "Select Google Earth app"; put it

HTH,
Sarah