Extracting text from PDF

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 23 17:25:31 EST 2008

On 2/23/08 12:23 PM, "Thomas McGrath III" <3mcgrath at comcast.net> wrote:
>> If you use the do as OSALanguageName form, any result returned by
>> the script
>> language is placed in the result.
>
>> ANY result from AppleScript will be placed in Rev's 'the result'

> That was an awesome reveal.
>
> I wonder where else that would work. Safari ???

Yes, Safari.  In fact, you can use the Applescript construct to do
Javascript

tell app "Safari"
   tell document 1 to do Javascript whateverYouLike
end tell

Such as a short cut in the header that toggles the window size.  Just set
the url in the properties to do this.. but I cannot remember the exact
syntax.

I use the result from Applescript in a couple of screen-scraping apps since
altBrowser would not handle the security setup of the host servers.   Safari
did the certs, etc fine and this also allowed the use of some Javascript
functions.

By the way, does anyone know how to install just Safari and not a new
operating system on OSX?  I use Firefox, and I deleted the Safari folder
when it began to sever up blank pages no matter the url (even local files).
the software update does not do this.

Hope your Rev-Applescript-other app travels go well.

One note about the IDE and receiving Apple events.  I was able to reproduce
a bug (also reported it but it could not be reproduced).  Recipe:  make a
stack script handler to trap the appleevent message, switch to the browse
tool, then send from another program (eg Excel).  This works.  Now send more
messages from Excel and they produce nothing.  In Rev, change to the pointer
tool, then back to the browse tool, and success... but only once.

The bug was not reproduced, but then I may be the only one who experienced
this.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas