upgrade pricing

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Tue Feb 19 14:18:10 EST 2008

Revolution has a quite complicated licensing system. Normally you buy
a license, and get a year of free updates, but i think that's not true
for media. This gets further murkied, because 2.9 was promised for
free to all 2.7 holders (but not 2.8 holders). When someone still is
in the one year free update period, he or she can buy another year of
updates for less then the amount when the update has run out. And then
of course ouy can loose to be legible for further updates if you wait
too long, and then you need a full buy again. The mail you got refers
to these updates to existing licenses.

Therefore, if you got Studio or Enterprise, then most likely you'll be
set for 2.9.

Also 2.9 is a feature upgrade, with new commands and also many bug
fixes. So the 0.0.1 updates are probably what you really meant with
"just an 0.1" update.

Have fun
Björnke