RevCGI Hosts?

Nicolas Cueto niconiko at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 22:05:54 EST 2008

>I'm  using the Linux version of revolution on the server but I can't seem
> to get it to work. I wonder if there's some other setup which must be
> done.

Beside setting permissions, one other thing to beware of is the format
you used for uploading the engine to cgi-bin. Maybe someone else can
explain the correct format for ftp'ing files, but I seem to recall it
was "binary".

Of course, the problem may be with the webhost itself. That's why I
switched webhosts, when my rev-cgi stuff that used to work suddenly
stopped. But, other Rev users here have posted that Jaguar PC works
for them, so probably it should work for you too -- though, I've read
that even within the same hosting company, the configuration of their
individual servers can vary, and thus, what works for one Jaguar PC
Revolutionary might not work for another Jaguar PC Revolutionary
because they are on the different physical server machines.

--
Nicolas Cueto