cgi load & access speed

Richard Miller wow at together.net
Sun Feb 17 07:07:06 EST 2008

This may not have any consequence at all, but it's hard to test, so I
wanted an opinion or two.

My cgi Rev stack (I'm using only one) has "ballooned" up to about
350k... certainly not large, but I could reduce it to 100k or so by
moving a number of fields (which contain html formatting data) to
text files. Is there any reason to think that the user's experience
when accessing a cgi link will be noticeably quicker if the stack is
100k vs 350k? I realize I'm probably talking about a savings of less
than one second, at best, but with constant accessing to the server
by numerous users, would this be worth making the change?

Thanks.
Richard Miller