How do I create a group of buttons on the fly

mfstuart mfstuart at cox.net
Sat Feb 16 19:37:26 EST 2008

Hi all,

How do I approach the following?:

I'm trying to create a menu system similar to the "shortcutbar" of MS
Outlook 2003, the group of buttons at the bottom left: Mail, Calendar,
Contacts, etc.

This will be a menu system that the admin user of the system can configure
themselves. So the number of buttons depends on how the admin user sets up
the system for each user.
The saved menu system will be read from a SQL table, so I'll know how many
"shortcut" menu items there will be.
This menu system will be created on the fly in the preOpenStack (I assume)
after the user has logged in from a previous stack. (I'll know the user id
and which menu system has been assigned to them)

So far, I've played around with the "create button" script that then places
the button in the same loc of a rectangle I have already placed at the
bottom left of the stack.
But I also need to create the other x number of buttons under each other,
and position all of them appropriately for correct display of this menu
system. Also set the geometry of the rectangle and the buttons for resizing.
Next, I'll have to create the scripts into each button for loading the
submenu options.

Anybody got any suggestions or have a demo stack on this?

Thanx,
Mark Stuart