Flash or Quicktime?

Jim Sims sims at ezpzapps.com
Sat Feb 16 08:56:21 EST 2008

On Feb 15, 2008, at 11:08 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> How much effort is it to use any of the dozens of automated
> conversion tools for making WMVs?  If we used Flash or any other
> format we'd still need a converter for the output; seems like a
> wash to me.

With Desk Doctor (www.einspine.com) the neurologist I worked with
converted
the H264 files to WMV files using flip4mac. I think it might be
called 'Compressor'.

Over 100 videos, nothing very long , with backgrounds added by using
blue screen.

We went with WMV for Windows and H264 for OS X. Makes for more work
in the long
run but each project requires individual approaches. Richard's most
excellent medical
app seems to have stringent admin requirements so his approach (WMVs
& flip4mac)
makes lots of sense to me.

My problem has been that Rev 8.1 doesn't seem to like WMVs so the app
is STUCK at
Rev 2.6. Rev 2.9 FIXES the playing of WMV via player objects.

I HOPE 2.9 ARRIVES SOON  ;-)

sims
ClipaSearch Pro
http://www.ClipaTools.com