Any sugguestions on movable clock arms?

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 16 05:05:18 EST 2008

I would start with
     ballClock.rev by Scott Rossie
(try to ignore the beauty and get to the math)
You will see the use of points on a hidden object

then
TNT.rev also by Scott Rossi
this stack show the application of rotation

And you might like the drag-duplicate-snapshot technique
Chipp Walters used in

getInline.rev

then I would suggest you think of an image that is twice the length of the
visible clock hand so that rotation about the center would be the same as
the center of the clock.  This could be a group[visible hand, invisible
hand] with the group center in the middle of the clock.

The 'getinline' snapshot technique could allow the visual feedback of a
cursor indicating the destination time if the user was to release the mouse.

To get these stacks, open Rev, go to Documentation, click Search, then click
the center icon in the header of the window, select Web Database from the
drop down menu then type
"getinline" = the link to Chipp's web site
"ball clock" = the link to Scott's web site
"TNT" = the link to Scott's web site

Sounds like fun.

 Jim Ault
Las Vegas