AW: Flash or Quicktime?

Colin Holgate coiin at rcn.com
Fri Feb 15 08:40:48 EST 2008

On Feb 15, 2008, at 8:34 AM, Tiemo Hollmann TB wrote:

> interesting aspect, I have to check, if my encoder supports H264 and
> how
> about size/quality. The only thing I have read about H264 is that it
> takes
> much processor power and could get into troubles on old machines. Up
> to now
> I wanted to use Sorenson Video3 Pro codec.

H264 and On2VP6 (the codec that you would want to use f you did choose
Flash) are similar in CPU demands. How much demand depends on the data
rate, and the quality of the image is better than the same rate
Sorenson 3 video. So I would argue that you'll find an H264 rate that
you'll like for both quality and CPU demand, and that then can be used
in QuickTime or Flash. If it would help I can make test files for you
to see, if you give me an example video.

> Yes I thought about putting the installer on DVD-ROM, thought apple
> doesn't
> like it...

They don't mind at all. You just have to sign an agree with them, and
send two copies of the final product as part of that agreement.