Inter-Application Comms using AppleEvents

Dave dave at looktowindward.com
Tue Feb 12 11:38:27 EST 2008

Hi,

I can't seem to get the "Send to Application" command to work. I have
built a Standalone Application that has an "AppleEvent" handler in
the stack script (this works since it receives the open and quit
AppleEvents ok - I display the class and ID in the handler).

I then have a stack in RunRev with the following script on one of the
buttons:

on mouseUp
   send "HELLO" to application "AETest1" with "AaAaBbBb"
end mouseUp

I expected the AaAa BbBb class and ID to show up in the target
application, however knowing happens!

Are there any examples on how to do this?

Thanks a lot
All the Best
Dave