Getting Rev to utilize Volume Shadow Services

Derek Bump runrev at dreamscapesoftware.com
Thu Feb 7 23:22:32 EST 2008

I am trying to gain the ability to read the data of a file, even if it
is open, or locked, by another program.  I don't need to edit the data
in any way, just read it.

I understand that this can be done utilizing Volume Shadow Services
within Windows XP, but I haven't the faintest idea as to how I would
achieve this within Revolution.

My Google searches are turning up nothing that really helps me, except
for something about using .NET to get it.  But I'm still nowhere near
being able to figure this out.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can read a file within Windows, even
if it happens to be locked by another program?  Even being able to read
a "shadow" copy of the file is acceptable.

Any ideas... please!

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software
http://www.dreamscapesoftware.com/