revBrowser Memory Leak

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at comcast.net
Wed Feb 6 10:36:30 EST 2008

Has anyone noticed a memory leak while using revbrowser?

I was working with revBrowser and two browser windows and I noticed
after quiting that my processes on my mac still included Revolution
at 46% usage of my cpu after I quit. I had to force quit the process
even though the app was already quit.

The app was no longer open and I did include the close rev browser in
a repeat with revBrowserInstances (copied directly from the
revSampleBrowser app). It closed all instances or so it seems.

Anyway, after that my computer crashed really bad in fact I have to
take it in for check/repair today. I get the white screen hanging on
bootup. FWIW I had a kernel panic and instead of pulling the power
cord like I have done in the past instead I followed the dialog and
hit the power button. Well now it won't restart. I should have just
pulled all power, damn.

I am using my old laptop to write this. Problem is the project I was
working on is still on the old computer so I'm stuck until I get the
computer back.

Tom