db encryption and multiuser question

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Tue Feb 5 13:36:35 EST 2008

> > I imagine it is probably best to use a db with built in
> encryption if
> > you need encryption and searching.
>
> Interestingly, both RealBasic (internally) and Director (via 3rd
> party) have support for using encrypted SQLite databases -
> including full search functionality, so it would seem that it
> could be made possible in Revolution as well.

REAL acquired a third party product, and they are taking it in their own
direction. There have been a few third party products that work with
Director. I don't think you'd see this with a GPL'd product. In fact, REAL
dropped their official MySQL support - just conjecturing but over the
licensing I believe. SQLite is public domain, so anyone can grab a handful
and call it their own. We snoop the source but there hasn't been anything
we've bothered with because we already have it.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President
Paradigma Software