use-revolution Digest, Vol 53, Issue 2

Colin Holgate coiin at rcn.com
Sat Feb 2 14:48:53 EST 2008

On Feb 2, 2008, at 2:29 PM, Jeff Reynolds wrote:

> Did you guys ever meet Bob's precocious son? He hung out with us for
> a week or so, sharp kid of about 12, but knew hypercard and
> hypertalk forwards and backwards!

Murphy was always smart, as well as precocious. He was the producer on
the Voyager CD-ROM "A World Alive", which I helped him to program.
It's many years later, and he's a producer at Scholastic in NYC now
(or at least was the last time I saw him).

The Voyager offices was in Santa Monica, not Venice, a few hundred
yards north of the pier. I used to go there on vacation before I
finally moved there from England to work for them. Although it was
only about 10 seconds walk from the office door to the sand, I didn't
make it onto the beach until six months after I got there, because I
was busy programming the EB Toolkit software. If you're busy you're
busy, no matter how nice it looks outside!