about Voyager Expanded Books

Jim Carwardine jim at oyfconsulting.com
Fri Feb 1 13:46:37 EST 2008

The last time I had anything to do with Voyager was at MacWorld in
San Fransico about 1991 or 92 when I was showing my new electronic
book app called BookBuilder, built in Hypercard, to anyone who would
look ( and buy it).  I showed it to Bob Stein at his booth and he
said, "I can't look at this.  This looks just like what we are
doing."  I actually used it to create multimedia learning
presentations at a local university in about 1995.  Since switching
to Rev, I've been tempted to convert BookBuilder but there were XCMDs
and old gear (optical disks that were the size of LPs, that I haven't
bothered.  Maybe it will sell now!... Jim

On 1-Feb-08, at 7:31 AM, James Richards wrote:

> Have you seen Sophie http://www.fourthworld.com/products/sophie/
> index.html which was written in Revolution?  I don't know exactly
> how it compares to VEBs, but the facility to create plugins seems
> to offer a wide range of capabilities.
>
> On 30 Jan 08, at 8:30p.m., Colin Holgate wrote:
>
>> I chanced across an old topic to do with the Voyager Expanded
>> Books, I think someone was asking about whether it would be
>> possible to do that in Revolution. Well, of course it would be
>> possible! I don't think though that converting the HyperCard
>> versions would be the right way to go. Instead you would just want
>> to reproduce the features of the HyperCard version, using whatever
>> the best approach would be for each feature. In some cases the
>> feature could be improved, no doubt.
>> <snip>
>
> James J Richards
>
> jamesjrichards at lineone.net
>
> Tel. +44 (0)15394 43063

Jim Carwardine,
President & CEO
OYF Consulting
Ph. 902.823.2339 / 866.601.2339
Fx. 902.823-2139
<www.StrategicDoing.com>
StrategicDoing™: Execution depends on employees.
Strategic Partner with HiringSmart Canada Ltd.