about Voyager Expanded Books

Colin Holgate coiin at rcn.com
Fri Feb 1 08:26:40 EST 2008

On Feb 1, 2008, at 6:31 AM, James Richards wrote:

> Have you seen Sophie http://www.fourthworld.com/products/sophie/index.html
>  which was written in Revolution?  I don't know exactly how it
> compares to VEBs, but the facility to create plugins seems to offer
> a wide range of capabilities.

I hadn't heard of that, though of course I've heard of Richard. And If
Monks Had Macs was at one time published by Voyager as a set of
HyperCard stacks. The name Sophie is an unfortunate choice for the
product name, as it is the same name being used by Bob Stein for the
latest book reader he was doing:

http://rit.mellon.org/projects/private/Sophie and http://sophieproject.org/

Those kinds of readers are a bit different to the Expanded Books,
which tried to keep a book like experience to a certain degree.