Escaping shell script paths (was: Photo Processing , Gallery and IPTC Data app)

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Fri Feb 1 04:30:36 EST 2008

Thanks for this Ian. I've a couple of questions if not anything to add...

   - The applescript you start with.... I guess this deals with file
   names on Mac that contain the "/" character for instance? What exaclty does
   "set tOut to POSIX path of tPath" do?
   - I use this command to escape any parameter in a shell command that
   may contain strange chars - for instance comments. I guess your function
   applies to these as well?

on shell_BashParamEscape @someParam