Date stamp a stack

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Dec 30 01:18:53 EST 2008

Bill Marriott wrote:
> Bill,
>
>> It is for licensing. I was thinking that this would be a good method for a
>> limited time trial of my software. The document stack  would contain the
>> user's data and the program would check the creation  date of the data
>> stack for the trail period. Once the user paid for  the software it would
>> no longer care what the creation date was.
>
> RevSelect recently released Zygodact, which does this exact thing:

I should jump in here and mention that Zygodact provides efficient and
easy software registration and protection, but it does not handle trial
date expirations automatically. In this initial release, the software
author does need to track a date themselves to determine when a trial is
expired. The Zygodact manual has suggestions on how to manage that, but
any of the ways discussed on the list will work as well.

I've considered adding trial date tracking to Zygodact, but I have mixed
feelings about it. There are some reasons it probably should not be
implemented, and should be left to the software author instead.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com