Zlib decompression - Any ideas?

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Mon Dec 29 19:09:22 EST 2008

Ken,

Unfortunately it sounds like you are dealing with a Windows "zip"
archive which is different from a "gzip" encoded archive. See this
post for a nutshell explanation:
http://aplawrence.com/Bofcusm/2615.html

In short, they are related but not interoperable. You will probably
have to tap into an actual "zip" library if these files have been
compressed using a different algorithm than gzip.

With that said, there should be command-line "zip" utilities for every
OS, so you might still be able to include those and use shell() calls.