Zlib decompression - Any ideas?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Mon Dec 29 18:50:35 EST 2008

> Can you compress a copy of the original file with Rev, and compare it
> to the zlib compressed copy? Does the data look totally different, or
> maybe just off by a few bytes / headers?

Unfortunately, I don't have the original file... the files I'm receiving are
from another program on Windows that only decompresses the data in memory;
the files on disk are always in a compressed state, so the files I can look
at are always compressed.

> If you have a MacOS X machine (or Linux) handy, you can use gzip and
> gunzip as command-line equivalents of compress() and decompress() and
> see how those results compare as well...

Yeah, I've tried that already and keep getting errors that the data is "not
compressed".

:-(

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.