[slightly OT] reliability of mySQL & Rev cgi ?

jbv jbv.silences at club-internet.fr
Fri Dec 26 09:57:02 EST 2008

Hi list,

I'm puzzled... I have a Rev cgi script that sends a serie of requests to
a mySQL DB
inside a loop. Those requests are rather complex, for example :

SELECT col1, col2, col3, col4 FROM myTable WHERE myList LIKE "% value1
%" OR
myList LIKE BINARY("% value2 %") OR myList LIKE "% value3 %" OR myList
LIKE "% value4 %" OR...

each request can find up to 1000 records in a table containing about
45000 records.

Here's my problem : let's say my loop can contain 3 successive requests
: Req1, Req2 and Req3.
According to what endusers type in a text field on the webpage that
accesses the cgi script, the
loop can features these 3 requests in different order, and depending on
the order in which these
requests are sent from the cgi script to mySQL, SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT sets
of records are returned...

Actually, it looks like, when the requests are sent in certain orders, a
few records are missing in
the results...

Should I jump to the conclusion that it's a mySQL reliability problem,
or a problem with Rev, or ?

as anyone already experienced anything similar ? In fact I'd like to
know if it's a known mySQL problem
before doing further investigations in possible bugs in my script...
Various google searches haven't brought
anything useful...

I'm using Rev cgi 2.5 with mySQL 4.0.15 on a Linux server.

Thanks,
JB