Where's the file?

Tim Ponn alptex2 at orwell.net
Tue Dec 23 06:22:40 EST 2008

Hello all...

This strikes me as odd.  I frequently use text files as containers of
data (prefs, and the like) in my stacks.  On openStack, I put the path
of the folder containing the stack into a global so I can use it
later.  Not a problem when I'm running as a stack...text files are
created and modified as expected during use (I use get/put URL).

put "Whatever" into url ("file:"&appFolderPath&"HereIAm.txt")
get url ("file:"&appFolderPath&"HereIAm.txt")

When I open the text file later with a text editor, I see what I
expect to see.

However, when I make a standalone app of the stack, I no longer see
the text files in the folder.  Are these text files being set as
"invisible" in the finder?

I'm running Enterprise 2.8.1 in OSX 10.5.6.

Best Regards,

Timothy R. Ponn