OT2: The 'realness' of languages

viktoras didziulis viktoras at ekoinf.net
Tue Dec 23 05:24:28 EST 2008

in this situation I would ask to show a portfolio CD or examples of
software created by the person - the most important thing being
experience and ability to complete a product in whatever language the
person feels most comfortable.

I guess it would be also fair to say that GUI will be created using
Revolution RAD and definitely one can expand it with modules written in
C++/C.

BTW correct me please, this may be wrong impression, but it looks like
C++/C adoration is something specific to the USA, isn't it? I know many
IT companies in my country and elsewhere in Europe who "do not do C" and
deliver their products (accounting systems, research software, etc...)
in Delphi, Java, Abap and the fact that they "do not do C" seems having
zero impact on their successful businesses...

Best wishes!
Viktoras