the user's name under OSX

Scott Morrow scott at elementarysoftware.com
Sat Dec 20 09:27:38 EST 2008

Hello Mark,
Good to know.  I was trying to populate the "Name:" field of a fake
administrative password query dialog.  I've since gone a different
route and used an "official" Apple dialog (or "dialogue" for some)
that takes care of this for me. However, I suspect I may yet have need
of this again sometime.
-Scott