RevBrowser Doesn't Like Backdrop?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Fri Dec 19 05:14:35 EST 2008

Can anyone confirm that RevBrowser doesn't render properly on OS X when a
backdrop is present?  (Rev 3.0)

I have a 1000x700 browser instance on a card running a Flash animation which
runs fine.  If I apply a backdrop while running the stack and drag the stack
even the slightest bit, the browser instance seems to disappear.  If I
remove the backdrop (none), the browser reappears and the Flash animation
continues to run as expected.  I've noticed that switching to the Finder
while a backdrop is active will sometimes cause the browser to render in the
backdrop window!

What gives?

Regards,

Scott Rossi