conditionally formatting a field

Mark Stuart mstuart at adaptcrm.com
Thu Dec 18 13:12:09 EST 2008

Hi Jan,

I tried the 'Appearance Manager'. It looks interesting, but for the gain
in what it gives, I lose the real look and feel of the native platform.

I do have the 'threeD' property unchecked and the 'borderWidth' set to
1.

If you are on Windows, look at how Outlook behaves with the Find / 'Look
for' and 'Search In' edit controls.

Mouse over and out of these controls. Now put the cursor in the 'Look
for' edit control, and then mouse over and out again.

This is the behavior I'm looking to do. Kind of basic stuff, but can't
get it with RunRev.

So here's a question that may help with this:

Programmatically, when do I know that a text field has focus?

Something like: 'if the Focus of me is true then'

- I tried the focusIn and focusOut - nothing from them.

- Obviously openField, exitField, and closeField work no problem

And mouseEnter and mouseLeave have to work with this also.

Anyone with and idea on this?

Regards,

Mark Stuart