Where do I find a list of resource types?

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 17 08:13:43 EST 2008

--- Tiemo Hollmann TB <toolbook at kestner.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to replace with an updater a file in another
> app with copyResource(),
> but I don't find the needed resource type of a file,
> which I need as a
> parameter for copyResource. In the docs I have found
> "XCMD", but I don't
> know, what it stands for and if it is valid for all
> type of files?
>
> Can anybody give me a hint to a resource type list?
>
> Thanks
>
> Tiemo

Hi Tiemo,

Rather than copying rezsources one at a time, you may
want to read the entire resource fork in one go and
write that out.

##
on CopyFile pFilePath, pDestPath
  put URL ("binfile:" & pFilePath) into tDataFork
  put URL ("resfile:" & pFilePath) into tRsrcFork
  put tDataFork into URL ("binfile:" & pDestPath)
  put tRsrcFork into URL ("resfile:" & pDestPath)
end CopyFile
##

Of course, you can store the data and resource forks
inside custom properties for your updater to spit out
again.

HTH,

Jan Schenkel.

Quartam Reports & PDF Library for Revolution
<http://www.quartam.com>

=====