MouseMove . . . err?

Malte Brill revolution at derbrill.de
Mon Dec 15 15:20:02 EST 2008

Yippieh! I may post again thanks Heather :)

Sorry I am latre for the party, but somehow my mail bounced. Just
wanted to throw in a snippet.

Thanks for mentioning AE Nicolas. :)

Tom: With AE in use, constraining on any line is a one liner.

set the constrainLinear of btn "myButton" to 100,100,200,100

And here is what I think Richmond wanted (although I am never too sure
I get you right Richmond), also it is not half as cool as lemmings by
Master Scott <g>

A stack with 5 buttons: start, x1,x2,x3,x4

In a button "start":

global speed

on mouseUp
  set the flag of me to not the flag of me
  put 15 into speed
-- play with the value of speed
  checkMouse
end mouseUp

on checkmouse
   local tStart,tEnd,newx,newy
   lock screen
   put the ux of btn "x1",the uy of btn "x1" into tStart
   put (item 1 of the mouseLoc-the uX of btn "x1")/speed + the uX of
btn "x1" into newX
   put (item 2 of the mouseLoc-the uY of btn "x1")/speed + the uY of
btn "x1" into newy
   set the uX of btn "x1" to newX
   set the uY of btn "x1" to newY
   set the loc of btn "x1" to newx -40,newy-40
   set the loc of btn "x2" to newx +40,newy-40
   set the loc of btn "x3" to newx +40,newy+40
   set the loc of btn "x4" to newx -40,newy+40
   unlock screen
   if the flag of me then
      send "checkmouse" to me in 30 milliseconds
   end if
end checkmouse

Click the button to make x1,x2,x3,x4 follow with a nice little easing
effect. Click again to stop.
Maybe I´ll get around to generalize something like this for the next AE.

Cheers,

Malte  (happy to get through again)
--
Malte Brill