open printing, close printing, for print spool job

william humphrey shoreagent at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 12:00:11 EST 2008

It's worse even. I'm trying to do

  on printSomeCards

    global cardsToPrint

    open printing with dialog

    if the result is "Cancel" then exit printSomeCards

    repeat with x = 1 to the number of lines of cardsToPrint

      print card (line x of cardsToPrint)

    end repeat

    close printing -- send group of cards to printer

  end printSomeCards

But when I do it only the last card gets spooled and printed.

So I do this:

  on printSomeCards

    global cardsToPrint

    open printing with dialog

    if the result is "Cancel" then exit printSomeCards

    repeat with x = 1 to the number of lines of cardsToPrint

      print card (line x of cardsToPrint)

close printing

    end repeat

  end printSomeCards

Then all the cars print but not as one nice batch (for example when you
print to a PDF and you want a many page PDF.

I'm using RunRev version 3.0 on Mac OS. Does anyone know how to get the
print spool function to work?

--
http://www.bluewatermaritime.com