Looking for ugly code comparisons WAS: Slashdotter looking for kids' programming language

Mikey mikeythek at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 11:34:44 EST 2008

Judy,
I'm not sure if you were referring to my comment when you said
"deceitful", but I contend that it is not at all deceitful.
Strongly-typed language fans would object that you are pointing out
the soft underbelly of their language, and therefore it is unfair
because that example amplifies the situation, and at the same time
clearly demonstrates the point about an xTalk language, or, for that
matter, most scripting/interpreted languages.

I pull my hair out any time that I try to use GWT or other similar
tools to write code to build interactive web pages, because of all of
the casts and declarations and quote mark after quote mark after quote
mark that is required to get the job done.  It's like LISP with
apostrophes sometimes.