"I know RunRev doesn't do this but..."

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 11 14:55:45 EST 2008

What does that mean?

Probably, that users of Runtime Revolution do not, generally, do 'this'.

However, Runtime Revolution is a sufficiently flexible RAD that one can
do an awful lot of alternative 'thises' in a way which one cannot in
many other programming environment.

I, for one, do an awful lot of 'thises' in RunRev which I have come up
with myself, and, maybe, a lot of "purists" might object to: but I
don't feel a desperate need for their approval.

Or, to put things another way: Runtime Revolution is not only the
RAD developed and marketed by "that company in Scotland"; it is the
interaction between that and its programmers and end-users - rather in
the same way as reading a book the first time can be awful, and the second time great; because of the frame of mind the reader is in at the time of reading.

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson.

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.