Internet Applications I and II revlive videos

George C Brackett gbrackett at luceatlux.com
Wed Dec 10 15:16:35 EST 2008

Thanks, Richard!  I'm extending a client/server system I built for the
inner-city charter high school I helped found, so that it might be
usable by other schools, and your suggestions will surely help.  (The
system, called Citizenship, lets teachers quickly record instances if
positive and disruptive behavior, and reports results in real time
online so that the entire learning community -- students, parents,
teachers, administrators -- can track both academic and civic behavior.)

George
http://luceatlux.com/gcb

On Dec 10, 2008, at 2:43 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

George C Brackett wrote:

> Many, many thanks to Jerry Daniels and Andre Garzia for outstanding
> presentations on how Revolution can be used to create internet-
> aware  and -capable software.

I'll second that.  Andre and Jerry have made a long history of
outstanding contributions to the Rev community.

George, if you find yourself daydreaming about the possibilities of
putting Rev's one-liner Internet commands to work for you, check out
this revJournal.com article on Reactor Lab, an online courseware
system for distributing simulations:
<http://www.revjournal.com/features/reactorlab.html>

Another great example is Eric Chatonet's Revolution Search Engine,
included in the Rev package at Help->Revolution Search Engine

Pulling resources from around the world, that nifty gadget not only
makes short work of finding a lot of great Rev stuff, but is an
inspiring example of cool and useful things you can do with Rev's
built-in HTTP support.

--
Richard Gaskin
Fourth World