variable storage

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Mon Dec 8 16:35:38 EST 2008

Actually it is possible to have the same ID for various objects, as
long as they're not in the same stack (no matter what card). You can
test this easily yourself, as there is an object type that you can set
the id for: images

Theoretically this allows to override (to use a c++ term) icons, as
they're always set by ID. Why this is  deemed impossible for
everything else, but works quite nicely for images, seems rather
strange to me.