preferences and re-inventing the wheel

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Dec 5 12:59:19 EST 2008

william humphrey wrote:

> 4. Serial number versioning system and protection scheme for unlocking
> compiled copies of your program after a 30 day trial period. Every
> commercial software has this too. I read this list about various people
> trying to invent this. Shouldn't it be available for everyone?

(Blowing my own horn:) There's a new RevSelect product just released
yesterday that can help you with this. See Zygodact here:
<http://www.runrev.com/products/related-software/zygodact>

It doesn't do versioning, which is a somewhat separate piece, but it
does take care of creating and tracking user registrations for you. The
manual tells you how to use it to implement trial periods and offers a
script.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com