snapshot problem 1

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Dec 4 16:28:48 EST 2008

Thomas McGrath wrote:
> Ok, thanks guys, I was stuck on "it" or "the result" since the docs
> state that snapshot 'creates' a new image. When ever I create a new
> object via script it places the long id of that object in "it".

It's curious that it doesn't when using "import snapshot".  Ideally all
commands that create a new object would put that object's descriptor in it.

Have you filed an enhancement request for this?

It would seem useful.  I suspect sooner or later someone else will be
caught by this inconsistency.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World